Will Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Work for You?

« Back to Home

Categories Of Employment For Immigration

Posted on

If you are trying to immigrate to the United States, chances are good that you are going to find the process relatively lengthy and arduous since there is a great deal of paperwork that you need to complete in order to ensure that you are able to get your green card. In order to get your green card as quickly as possible, you are going to need to make sure that you fill out the right paperwork. If you choose to forgo hiring an immigration attorney to help you through the process, you are going to instead need to determine the correct forms on your own. If you are applying for a green card based on your employment, here are the different forms that you are going to have to choose from.

1. Employment First Preference

If you have a special skill or talent that is difficult to find or highly sought after, you might be able to receive a green card from your employer under Employment First Preference. If you are a professor or a researcher or a business executive at a company that works in multiple countries, then you will likely be filling out your employment forms under this category.

2. Employment Second Preference

If you have a degree that is higher than normal in whatever skill you have, then you are likely going to be filling out this type of form. If you are not sure, talk to the company that wants to hire you to see if you are eligible for first or second preference.

3. Employment Second Preference With National Interest Waiver

If you have special skills or talents that are going to be able to help the United States at home or abroad, then you will be filling out this type of form. Security professionals, especially cyber security professionals, will be able to apply under this type of form.

4. Employment Third Preference

Finally, low-skilled or unskilled workers will apply under employment third preference, as long as they are sponsored by a company that is going to hire them. 

5. Schedule A

Finally, if you are a nurse, a physical therapist, or any other certified health professional whose skills are up tot he level that is required for healthcare professionals in the United States, you will be filling out the green card form labeled Schedule A. Doctors will likely fill out first or second preference employment.

For more information, talk to animmigration attorney